Do you have what it takes to join our busy team? Newton Abbot Racecourse are looking for a variety of seasonal staff for our upcoming season – find out more below and apply today.
The type of staff we require are:
- Bar Staff – from £10 per hour
- Catering Staff – from £10 per hour
- Waitresses – from £10 per hour
- Staff who can use a Till – from £11.50 per hour
- Senior Chefs – from £14.10 per hour
- Assistant Chefs – from £12.37 per hour
We are looking for friendly, professional candidates with a passion for great customer service.
You should be self-motivated, must work well under pressure and passionate about delivering great customer service.
Previous experience is a preference but not essential for all roles.
A uniform is not provided but a crisp white shirt, black trousers/ skirt and safe enclosed black shoes are essential.
Positions are seasonal and part time. The rate of pay is £ per hour, including holiday allowance.
Bar Staff will be responsible for taking drink orders, serving drinks, taking payment, stock replenishment, set-up and clear-down duties with general bar cleanliness throughout your shift.
Catering staff will be responsible to the Catering Manager. We have Fine Dining Restaurants, Carvery, Private Hospitality and Alfresco fast-food outlet.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Maternity Cover Opportunity – Seasonal Bar Manager
As a key member of our Racecourse staff, our bar manager must ensure all of the bars run smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times.
The ideal candidate for this position must thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment. Strong leadership and personal management skills should be accompanied by a customer service focus and commitment to company values and image.
Your role -
To manage the business aspects of the numerous bars around the racecourse. A personal license is a preference and vast knowledge of regulations for both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
Duties to include-
Maternity cover – Immediate start (6 month cover)
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to customers
- Maintain cellars and clean lines
- Monthly stock check to be completed
- Lead operations/ functions
- Ensure bar cleanliness and safety
- Manage inventory – buying and managing of stock levels per race day (ordering, acceptance, stock rotation and return any substandard items)
- Report and liaise regularly to the Managing Director
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers and staff
To apply, please contact the Managing Director on his email firstname.lastname@example.org
Racing Dates for the remainder of this season
- Friday 11th June (Evening)
- Monday 21st June
- Tuesday 22nd June (Evening)
- Friday 2nd July
- Monday 12th July
- Sunday 18th July
- Monday 26th July
- Saturday 21st August
- Tuesday 31st August (Evening)
- Monday 6th September
- Friday 17th September
- Monday 27th September
- Sunday 10th October
- Thursday 21st October