Did you know 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem this year?
On Wednesday 15 May 2019, we will be hosting a raceday in partnership with Devon Mind and Racing Welfare to raise awareness of mental health problems and the support that is available to help tackle these issues.
Unfortunately there still continues to be a great deal of stigma associated with mental health issues. We want this raceday to give people the opportunity to open up to friends, family or colleagues and start a dialogue in a relaxed environment.
Did you know…
- Suicide is the most common cause of death for men aged 20-49 in the UK
- One in four of us will experience a mental health problem this year
- At any given time, one in six working age adults have symptoms associated with mental ill health (sleep problems, fatigues etc.) which do not meet the criteria for diagnosis
- 2.3 million – the number of people who are out of work with a mental health condition
- Three children in every classroom have a diagnosable mental health condition
- Only one quarter of people with mental health problems seek treatment
- Mixed anxiety and depression is the most common mental health disorder in the UK
Source: Mental Health Foundation
Mental Health Support
Nobody should suffer in silence. Help is always at hand.
For more information on the support that is available, please contact:
Devon Mind – www.devonmind.com
Racing Welfare – www.racingwelfare.co.uk