Apr 05, 2022
Job Vacancy: Groundstaff Team Member
Newton Abbot is one of 20 small independent racecourses within the racing industry. We are looking for someone to join our Groundstaff Team.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Physically demanding and challenging yet rewarding role for a motivated person
- Although part of a team, working on own initiative is vital
- Carry out maintenance programme for the course
- Prepare the course for racing and reinstatement after racing
- Use of tractors, machinery and watering machines
Abide by all regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
The nature of the role means working unsocial hours at times, working late evening, weekends and bank holidays preparing for race meetings. We have four weekend fixtures within a schedule of 18.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
First aid trained preferable, have equine awareness.
Excellent time management, self-motivated, organised, strong work ethic and attitude, work well under pressure, good communication skills, enjoy outdoor working, full and clean UK driving licence.
Job Type: Full Time – 40 hours week
Holiday: 28 days
To apply for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com