Jan 19, 2023
Job Vacancy: Accounts & Payroll Assistant
If you are interested in the below role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10 February 2023.
Salary: £15,210 – £16,380 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Part-time, office-based 22 hours per week, ideally over 4 days, although we are flexible.
Availability on Monday – Friday is required as the working days will vary according to racing dates.
We have an exciting opportunity for a new position that has opened up to join our friendly team at Newton Abbot Racecourse.
As the most southernly racecourse in the country, we operate from our office at the racecourse with a lovely view of the parade ring.
We are looking to recruit a computer literate individual with Microsoft Excel skills to join our growing business.
As an aspiring Accounts & Payroll Assistant, you will support the Financial Controller by processing wages for over 200 casual staff, together with accounting transactions relating to the business activities.
For the right person, there is career potential and room to grow alongside the business.
- Supplier Invoice & Payment Processing
- Entering Sales Invoices
- Credit Control
- Reconciling Petty Cash & Events Cash Floats
- Preparing Staff Sheets for Racedays using Microsoft Excel
- Typing Staff Sheets for Racedays using Microsoft Excel
- Entering New Casual Staff on Sage Payroll
- Processing the Wages
- Other responsibilities as and when required
Training will be provided.
Skills and Experience:
- Computer Literate – Essential
- Microsoft Excel Skills – Essential
- Good attention to detail – Essential
- Willingness to learn – Essential
( Bookkeeping Experience – Desirable
- Part/Full Level 2 AAT Qualification – Desirable
- Sage 50 Accounts Experience – Desirable
- Sage 50 Payroll Experience – Desirable
- Holiday Entitlement
- Free Parking