Jul 10, 2019
FREE Behind-The-Scenes Tour - Sunday 21 July
Have you ever wanted to find out more about what goes on behind the scenes on a raceday? Now is your chance with our FREE Behind the Scenes Tour which will take place before racing on Sunday 21 July.
Whether you’re new to the sport or a regular at the races, we hope you’ll all walk away with some new knowledge about our wonderful sport.
As part of the tour you’ll enjoy:
- A welcome talk from the Managing Director to hear more about the developments at the racecourse
- A visit to the Weighing Room where you’ll be given a talk from the Clerk of the Scales and learn more about what happens before and after each race
- Walking the route of the horse from the Parade Ring to the track
- A talk from the ground staff about the work that takes place to prepare for racedays, including the building of the fences and the safety features of the padded hurdles.
The tour will begin shortly after gates open so that racegoers have plenty of time to prepare for the afternoon’s racing.
How to reserve your place
The tour is limited to just 20 places on a first-come, first-served basis. It is available free of charge*.
To reserve your places, please email email@example.com with the subject ‘Behind the Scenes Tour’. Please leave your name, number of places you would like to reserve and a mobile number that you can be reached at on the raceday in case of an emergency.
All requests must be received by 12noon on Thursday 18 July 2019.
* Please note, as the Tour starts in the Paddock Enclosure it is only available to those racegoers in possession of a Paddock Enclosure ticket for the day.