Apr 30, 2016
Behind the Scenes Tour at Newton Abbot Racecourse
Are you a new fan of the world of horseracing or are you a regular racegoer who is eager to see what happens behind the scenes? If so, join us for our Behind the Scenes Tour which will take place before the fixture on Wednesday 25 May.
This is the ideal opportunity for beginners who are looking to get better understanding of the world of horseracing or avid enthusiasts keen to learn more about what happens behind the scenes on a race day. Your tour will include:
- A welcome talk from the Managing Director
- A visit to the Weighing Room and talk from the Clerk of the Scales to learn more about what happens pre and post racing
- Walking the route of the horse from the Parade Ring to the course
- A talk from the ground staff about the work that takes place to prepare for race days, including the building of fences and the safety features of the padded hurdles
- A talk from a bookmaker on how to read the racecard and how to place a bet
- The chance to pick the Best Turned Out Horse in the Parade Ring and to present the prize to the wining connection
Book your free place today
Places on the Behind the Scenes Tour are FREE of charge but are limited to 20 places only so be sure to act quickly to reserve your place.
To book your spot simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, mobile number so we can contact you on the day and how many places you would like to reserve. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis and you will be contacted by a member of our team to confirm your place.
N.B.: Please note that this tour takes place on a raceday and is open to 20 racegoers who are purchasing a ticket for the fixture on Wednesday 25 May.